Afghan forces attack Pak check post in South WaziristanApril 27th, 2011 - 5:42 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, April 27(ANI): The Afghan National Army launched an unprovoked attack on a Pakistan Army check post at Angoor Adda in South Waziristan on Wednesday.
According to reports, the Afghan National Army breached into the Pakistani border and opened fire at a check post in South Waziristan.
There were unconfirmed news that five men of NATO forces and seven of the Afghan army were killed when the Pakistani forces returned fire, Dunya News reports.
Three Pakistani soldiers were also reported to be injured in the incident.
South Waziristan Agency’s Political Agent, Atifur Rehman, said that the Afghan forces fired 70 mortar shells that wounded two soldiers and five civilians, while 50 shops were also damaged.
The Angoor Adda bazaar was shut down and the locals started evacuation following the attack.
Last night, Afghan forces had also launched an attack at the Datta Khel border in North Waziristan, in which eight Afghan soldiers were killed, when the Pakistani forces retaliated. (ANI)
- 21 killed in Pakistan drone strikes (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Pak soldier killed in border clash with Afghan troops - Feb 03, 2011
- Roadside bomb kills Pakistani soldier - Dec 31, 2011
- 'Anti-Americanism' poses bigger challenge for Pak Army than Taliban - Mar 17, 2011
- 25 killed in Pakistan violence (Lead) - Aug 15, 2009
- 15 security personnel killed in militant attack on check post in northwest Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- ISAF commander meets Pakistan army chief (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- U.S. drone strikes kill 6 suspected militants in Pakistan - Apr 13, 2011
- Two Pakistani soldiers killed in cross-border attack - Aug 09, 2012
- Seven soldiers killed in Pakistan - Mar 10, 2012
- NATO strikes an act of blatant aggression: Pakistan Army - Nov 30, 2011
- Pakistan Army, Rangers fire on Indian posts on LoC, border (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Army to quit Waziristan if tribals cooperate: Kayani (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- US drone attack kills 22 suspected militants in North Waziristan - Mar 17, 2011
- Three injured as NATO choppers fire into Pak tribal area - Nov 27, 2010
Tags: adda, afghan, bazaar, civilians, five men, locals, mortar shells, national army, nato, nato forces, north waziristan, pakistan army, pakistani border, pakistani soldiers, peshawar, south waziristan agency, two soldiers, unconfirmed news, unprovoked attack