Abducted US NGO employee slaughtered in PakJune 14th, 2010 - 1:50 pm ICT by ANI
Quetta (Balochistan), Jun.14 (ANI): A Pakistani employee of a US-based NGO, Mercy Corps, who was kidnapped along with his three other colleagues earlier this year, has reportedly been slaughtered by his abductors.
According to reports, abductors killed Habibullah and have dispatched video footage of his murder to his family members warning of similar treatment of other NGO workers if their demands are not met.
Sources said that the kidnappers have demanded 100 million rupees as ransom for the safe released of NGO workers, who were abducted in February this year.
The abducted NGO employees are said to have been kept somewhere in the troubled tribal region of the country, The Daily Times reports. (ANI)
- US-based aid agency shuts offices in Pak provinces over security fears - Jun 15, 2010
- Abducted student released after 15 days - Jul 08, 2012
- Abducted Pakistani boy strangled to death - Mar 18, 2012
- Outrage after armed assailants kill Hindu businessman, kidnap son in Quetta - Jun 09, 2010
- French aid worker released in Yemen - Jul 15, 2012
- Disquiet among Pakistani Hindus over kidnapped leader - Feb 25, 2011
- No breakthrough in Bihar NIT student's abduction yet - Jul 03, 2012
- 'Kidnappings for ransom a lucrative business in Pakistan' - Jul 04, 2011
- Hindu spiritual leader kidnapped in Pakistan - Dec 23, 2010
- Cancer victim rescued from kidnappers - Oct 22, 2011
- Kidnapped athlete kills his abductor - Jan 27, 2012
- Six die in botched Pakistan hostage rescue attempt - Dec 30, 2011
- Three WWF female officials kidnapped by Bodo militants in Assam 'released' - Feb 09, 2011
- Hindu trader shot dead in Pakistan - Feb 07, 2011
- Kidnapped soccer star Obodo released in Nigeria - Jun 11, 2012