Abducted Swiss couple found in Pakistan (Lead)March 15th, 2012 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 15 (IANS) A Swiss couple, who had been kidnapped by Pakistan’s Taliban last year in July, has been found in a town in North Waziristan by the Pakistani army, a military statement said.
The couple had been abducted by gunmen while travelling in Balochistan and their vehicle was later found abandoned.
The couple was found in Meeranshah, the main town in North Waziristan tribal region, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said Thursday.
ISPR Director General Major Gen Attahar Abbas said in the statement that Olivier David Och, 31, and Daniela Widmer, 29, were shifted to Peshawar, Online news agency said. A prervious report had named the couple differently
The Pakistani Taliban had claimed responsibility for kidnapping the couple from the Loralai district of southwestern Balochistan province July 1, 2011.
- Kidnapped Swiss couple plead for freedom in Taliban videos - Oct 26, 2011
- Kidnapped Swiss couple found in Pakistan - Mar 15, 2012
- Swiss couple kidnapped in Pakistan - Jul 02, 2011
- Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province unsafe for foreigners: Daily - Mar 19, 2012
- Couple's abduction: Swiss president calls up Gilani - Dec 16, 2011
- "Most Wanted" TTP commander killed by Pak Army in North Waziristan - Jul 06, 2010
- Militants kill 8 and kidnap several others in northwest Pakistan - Mar 25, 2011
- Pakistani Taliban issues video of ISI spy's execution - Feb 20, 2011
- Gunmen execute 10 road workers in southwest Pakistan - Sep 15, 2012
- Pak Taliban releases 23 tribesmen it abducted for meeting army chief - Jan 01, 2011
- 15 abducted Pakistani troopers killed - Jan 05, 2012
- 'Rescued' Sikh youth recall ordeal during Taliban's captivity - Mar 03, 2010
- Kidnapped ex-ISI officer found dead in Waziristan - Apr 30, 2010
- Violent incidents in Pakistan since Osama's killing - May 23, 2011
- Swiss president rings Gilani over abduction (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: abbas, abducted, balochistan, daniela, director general, gunmen, inter services, ispr, july 1, loralai district, news agency, north waziristan, olivier, pakistan, pakistani army, public relations, swiss couple, taliban