Aarushi murder case: Dr. Talwar gets bail on surety of Rs 10 lakhJuly 11th, 2008 - 6:47 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi , July 11 (ANI): Dr. Rajesh Talwar, an accused in the killing of his daughter Aarushi, today got a bail on a surety of Rs. 10 lakh after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) gave him a clean chit and urged a special court in Ghaziabad to pass appropriate orders on his bail application.
The investigating agency said that there is no substantial evidence against the Talwars.
CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar told reporters in a press briefing: ””The Noida Polices charge that Rajesh Talwar was angry with his daughter as he had allegedly seen her in a ””compromising”” position was based on a statement made by one of the accused Krishna who had misled investigators but he later confessed to the crime in the narco test.
Though the first polygraph test conducted on Talwar proved inconclusive, no deception was found in the second test. Nupur Talwar’’s polygraph tests showed similar results, he said.
He also took the names of Durranis servant Rajkumar and another person Vijay Mandal of being involved in the crime.
Kumar said, while reconstructing the crime scene, Rajkumar, Krishna and Talwar’’s domestic help Hemraj had consumed alcohol on the day of the murder and went to Aarushi’’s room. They then gagged her and tried to sexually assault her.
Kumar and Krishna took Hemraj to the terrace and killed him following a clash between Rajkumar, Krishna and Hemraj in Aarushi’’s room, he added.
Rajkumar, in his narco-analysis test, confessed that he and Krishna then went back to Aarushi’’s room, hit her with a sharp object before slitting her throat, he added.
Talwar was arrested on May 23 a week after fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in the Talwar house. The body of Hemraj was found on the terrace a day later. (ANI)
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi's parents to face trial: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders: Four years of a whodunit - May 14, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Aarushi murder scene photos flawed: Defence - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: arun kumar, cbi, central bureau of investigation, clean chit, domestic help, ghaziabad, investigating agency, krishna, lakh, mandal, murder case, narco analysis test, polygraph test, polygraph tests, rajesh, rajkumar, second test, substantial evidence, talwar, throat slit