70,000 Pakistani officials have not got salaryAugust 3rd, 2012 - 12:57 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 3 (IANS) A staggering 70,000 government employees here did not get their salary on time due to an auditors’ strike, a media report said.
The daily Dawn said as many as 70,000 government servants here could not get their salary for July because of strike of Auditor General of Pakistan Revenue (AGPR) employees.
Rafique Sheikh, an official, said in the past employees got their salary on the first day of every month, but this month the account section has intimated that AGPR has not prepared the salary sheets.
“Month of Ramazan started, due to which every person has to arrange some extra food, fried items and fruits. Those things put extra burden on the budget but we have been facing more problems because this month salary was not released,” he was quoted as saying.
- Call for industrial shutdown in four Telangana districts - Sep 30, 2011
- Singareni's striking miners offered double wages - Sep 24, 2011
- During Ramzan, no one notices Kashmir's fasting teachers - Aug 05, 2011
- Air India staff threaten strike as May salaries are delayed - Jun 20, 2011
- It's time to be in Hyderabad -- for Eid shopping! - Aug 28, 2011
- Tripura raises salaries of rural job scheme staff - May 18, 2012
- Eid celebrated in Meghalaya - Aug 31, 2011
- Kingfisher pilots go on strike - Jul 14, 2012
- Telangana strike completes a month, buses off roads - Oct 12, 2011
- Greek riot police clash with demonstrators during nationwide strike - Oct 06, 2011
- Telangana strike enters 25th day - Oct 07, 2011
- Telangana strike on, power cut in Hyderabad - Sep 21, 2011
- Radio Pakistan hit by financial problems - Dec 30, 2011
- Manipur employees threaten indefinite stir over pay hike - Jan 03, 2010
- Pay cut for Air India employees in May due to strike - May 31, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , ,