70 militants killed in Pakistan’s tribal regionAugust 8th, 2008 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 8 (Xinhua) At least 70 militants have been killed and 60 others injured in clashes between security forces and the rebels in northwestern Pakistan, Geo TV reported Friday. The security forces, backed by helicopter gunships, used automated weapons to target the militants’ hideouts in Bajaur tribal agency, Geo TV channel quoted military sources as saying.
A local Taliban spokesman claimed that they have killed 10 securitymen and caught as many in the clashes which began Wednesday.
Pakistan has recently launched military operations in the northwest of the country to flush out militants from the area.
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- 3 militiamen, over 20 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - Aug 25, 2012
- 20 militants killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- 50 militants killed in Pakistan - Apr 08, 2011
- 10 soldiers, 40 militants killed in Pakistan clash - Jan 31, 2012
- 22 militants killed in Pakistan - Mar 29, 2010
- 34 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- 9 securitymen, 15 militants killed in Pakistan clash - Oct 17, 2011
- 15 dead in Pakistan check post attack (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- 33 insurgents killed in northwest Pakistan - Apr 29, 2011
- Helicopter gunship attacks kill six militants in Pak's Kurram region - Mar 06, 2011
- Eight militants killed in Pakistan's tribal areas - Jun 11, 2010
- 33 militants killed in northwest Pakistan - Apr 29, 2011
- 10 militants killed in Pakistan - Apr 27, 2010
- 4 security men killed in Pakistan rocket attack - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: clashes, geo tv channel, helicopter, hideouts, islamabad, militants, military operations, military sources, northwest, northwestern pakistan, pakistan geo tv, rebels, security forces, taliban, taliban spokesman, weapons, xinhua