63 Pakistani terror suspects moved out of Gitmo prisonApril 18th, 2009 - 3:02 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Apr. 18 (ANI): Most of the Pakistani terror suspects, who were held at the Guantanamo Bay Detention Camp, have been shifted back to Pakistan, the New York Times claims.
Out of 71 Pakistanis imprisoned at the infamous detention camp, 63 have been shifted back to Pakistan, while eight are still languishing there.
Abdul Rehman, Ali Abdul Aziz, Majid Khan, Saifullah Paracha and Khalid Sheikh Muhammad were amongst the eight Pakistanis who were still detained at Guantanamo Bay, the report said.
Muhammad is considered to be the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks on the US.
Citing a US Defense Department prisoners’ list, the report said that initially, 779 were brought to the prison prisoners from 49 countries. 533 of them have been shifted to their countries while 241 were still languishing in Guantanamo. (ANI)
- No 9/11 accused has gone to the gallows - Sep 10, 2011
- Guantanamo Bay prisoners were tortured: former inmate - Jan 19, 2009
- Pakistani mastermind of 9/11 charged again - Jun 01, 2011
- US-Pak scientist Aafias husband faces Guantanamo military tribunal - Sep 08, 2008
- Al Qaeda's 9/11 mastermind killed Daniel Pearl: Report - Jan 20, 2011
- Six Pakistanis in Guantanamo prison - Nov 11, 2008
- US charges five 9/11 terror suspects - Apr 05, 2012
- 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed faces New York trial (Second Lead) - Nov 14, 2009
- 9/11 Pakistani mastermind, 4 others sent for trial - Apr 05, 2012
- US reiterates commitment to Guantanamo prison closure - Apr 26, 2011
- Holder blames Congress for forcing 9/11 mastermind, accomplices' trial at Guantanamo Bay - Apr 05, 2011
- 9/11 attack mastermind on trial in Guantanamo - May 06, 2012
- Obama defends plans to close Guantanamo - Sep 11, 2010
- US to release five Taliban from Guantanamo? - Apr 01, 2012
- Aafia Siddiqi's uncle says she visited him in Islamabad to meet Taliban - Mar 08, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,