500 Indian Sikh pilgrims to observe Maharaja Ranjeet Singh’s death anniversary in PakJune 20th, 2009 - 5:06 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, June 20 (ANI): A group of 500 Sikh pilgrims will arrive in Lahore on Sunday by special trains to observe the death anniversary of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh from June 27-30.
The pilgrims are scheduled to visit Gurdwara Janamasthan in Nankana Sahib, where they will stay till June 26. They will also visit Lahore’s Gurdwara Dera Sahib on June 26 for rituals, The Daily Times reports.
According to reports, the Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) has made special arrangements for facilitating the pilgrims.ETPB Chairman Syed Asif Hashmi and members of the Gurdwara Parbandak Committee Pakistan will receive the Sikhs on their arrival at the Wagha Railway Station.
The pilgrims will leave for Hassanabdal to perform rituals at Gurdwara Panja Sahib on June 22 and June 23. (ANI)
- 350 Sikhs reach Pakistan for Ranjit Singh anniversary - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistan Gurdwara invitation for Guru Nanak Dev 541st birth anniversary - Oct 22, 2010
- 3,000 Indian Sikhs to visit Pakistan - Apr 11, 2011
- 200 Sikhs leave for Lahore to mark Maharaja Ranjit Singh's 170th death anniversary - Jun 21, 2009
- Guru Nanak's birth anniversary celebrated in Pakistan - Nov 21, 2010
- 5,000 Sikh pilgrims to reach Pakistan Sunday - Apr 11, 2010
- 4,000 Sikhs reach Pakistan for Nanak's birth anniversary - Nov 19, 2010
- Indian Sikh devotees reach Nankana Sahib amid massive confusion - Nov 01, 2009
- 3,000 Sikhs to visit Pakistan on Baisakhi - Apr 04, 2012
- 715 Sikh pilgrims in Pak to commemorate 469th death anniversary of Guru Nanak - Sep 20, 2008
- Sikhs barred from Pakistan gurdwara - Jul 20, 2011
- Guru Nanak's birth anniversary celebrated with fervour (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Attempt to usurp Pakistani gurdwara foiled - Feb 26, 2012
- 300 Indian Sikhs to attend Maharaja Ranjit Singhs death anniversary in Pak - Jun 21, 2008
- First convoy of displaced Hindus, Sikhs returns to Swat - Jul 17, 2009