50 pilgrims to reach Pak on Jan. 8 for 300th birth anniversary of Shada RamJanuary 7th, 2009 - 6:55 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Jan 7 (ANI): A delegation of 50 Hindu pilgrims from India will cross the Wagah border into Pakistan on January 8 to attend saint Shada Rams 300th birth anniversary at Shadani Darbar in Ghotki, Sindh.
Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB) Chairman Asif Saeed Hashmi said on Tuesday that Yudhishter Lal Ji Maharaj will lead the pilgrims.
Hashmi said it was the Pakistan governments policy to facilitate and accommodate the pilgrims in the country.
ETPB Additional Secretary Siddique Khurram said the pilgrims would be provided accommodation and travel facilities.
Shadani Darbar organiser Jai Ram Das said, It is a mega event in which people from across the world take part. Stage shows and musical programmes will be arranged.
Every year, Indian pilgrims participate in the festival and also visit various religious places, he said.
According to the legend, Ghulam Shah Kalhoro, the ruler of Sindh, terrorised Hindus in 1700.
Perturbed by his actions, Hindus prayed to Lord Shiva at Mathelo. One night the Sarpanch saw Lord Shiva in his dream. Lord Shiva told him that he had taken birth in the form of Shadaram in Lahore and would come to Mathelo for their salvation.
Shada Ram came to Mathelo in 1768 and kindled Dhuni Saheb there. When Kalhoro insulted a Hindu widow, Shadaram cursed the ruler, saying that Kalhoro would lose the kingdom.
Shada Rams words came true and Kalhoro lost his kingdom and died in misery. After that Shadaram shifted to Hayat Pitafi and laid the foundation of the Shadani Darbar.
Ram Das said Yudhishter Lal was the son of late Gobind Ram. He said 15-year-old Gobind was elevated to Shadani Gaddi on April 4, 1960. (ANI)
- Hindus to celebrate Shivaratri in Pakistan - Feb 17, 2012
- Devotees begins annual pilgrimage to Manimahesh Lake in Jammu and Kashmir - Sep 04, 2010
- On Kartik Purnima, thousands take holy dip - Nov 10, 2011
- Indians celebrate Mahashivratri in ancient Pakistani temple (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- `Hindus in Pakistan angry, helpless' - Apr 10, 2012
- Amritsar devotees to visit temples in Pakistan - Dec 24, 2010
- 300 Pak Hindus in India on pilgrimage tour - Mar 23, 2011
- Over dozen Amarnath pilgrims injured in cane charge - Jul 02, 2011
- Pakistani Hindus protest kidnapping of young girls - Apr 09, 2012
- Hindu among five abducted in Pakistan - Feb 15, 2011
- Hindus, Muslims amicably resolve religious dispute - Sep 16, 2010
- Unregistered Amarnath pilgrims cause chaos - Jun 28, 2012
- Nepal celebrates Mahashivaratri festival - Feb 20, 2012
- Amarnath yatra begins - Jun 28, 2011
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
Tags: asif, birth anniversary, darbar, dream lord, etpb, gaddi, ghotki, gobind ram, hindu pilgrims, jai ram, khurram, lord shiva, maharaj, religious places, siddique, sindh, stage shows, travel facilities, trust property, wagah border