400 inmates flee Pakistani jailApril 15th, 2012 - 9:01 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 15 (IANS) A total of 400 prisoners managed to flee after unidentified assailants stormed a central jail in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Geo News reported Sunday.
The assailants stormed the Bannu Central Jail with heavy gunfire and left dozens of police guards and attackers as injured in the cross firing, the report said.
According to police sources, the militants attacked the central jail with heavy gunfire and used rocket launchers during the attack.
Jail administration has asked for more security force to handle the situation. Army has reached for assistance.
- Pakistani jailbreak: senior officials transferred - Apr 17, 2012
- Taliban storm Pakistani jail, free nearly 400 inmates (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Taliban attack Pakistani jail, nearly 400 escape - Apr 15, 2012
- Jail attack sign of Taliban's strength: daily - Apr 16, 2012
- Taliban are contract killers: Rehman Malik - Apr 16, 2012
- Over 140 who fled Pakistan prison back in jail - Apr 22, 2012
- 13 Pakistani soldiers killed in Afghan attack (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Nine policemen shot dead in Pakistan - Jul 12, 2012
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Pakistani forces regain control of Upper Dir areas - Jun 05, 2011
- Taliban kill nine policemen in Lahore (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- 15 dead in Pakistan check post attack (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Two die in Pakistan blast - Nov 30, 2010
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
Tags: army, attackers, central jail, dozens, geo news, heavy gunfire, inmates, jail administration, khyber, militants, pakistan, police guards, police sources, prisoners, rocket launchers, security force, unidentified assailants