40 Taliban militants killed in AfghanistanJuly 28th, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, July 28 (IANS) At least 40 Taliban were killed and 14 injured in a cross-border attack the militants launched against police checkposts in Afghanistan’s Paktika province Saturday, a government official said.
“Dozens of militants crossed the Afghan-Pakistan border and stormed Afghan border police checkposts in Nahmat Abad area of the Gomal district at about 2 a.m. local time Saturday and the police repelled the attack. As a result 40 militants were killed and 14 injured,” Xinhua quoted a provincial government spokesman as saying.
The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) coalition’s helicopters supported the police in the fight against the militants, he added.
- Over 60 militants killed in Afghanistan - Nov 09, 2011
- Afghanistan to probe NATO airstrike on Pakistan - Nov 28, 2011
- ISAF commander meets Pakistan army chief (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- NATO strikes an act of blatant aggression: Pakistan Army - Nov 30, 2011
- 25 killed as insurgent attack foiled in Afghanistan - Oct 08, 2011
- Pakistan protests cross-border attack - Jun 25, 2012
- 38 soldiers die in Afghan chopper crash (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- 100 militants killed in Afghan operation - Jul 23, 2011
- Four Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Oct 08, 2011
- 10 militants killed in Afghanistan - Oct 31, 2010
- Two dead, 100 injured in Afghan suicide bombing - Sep 11, 2011
- 14 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 14, 2012
- Afghan terror attack ends: 48 dead, 65 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Taliban behead six Afghan policemen - Jul 21, 2010
- 36 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 05, 2012
Tags: afghan border, afghanistan kabul, border police, cross border, dozens, government official, government spokesman, helicopters, international security assistance, local time, nato, pakistan border, paktika province, provincial government, taliban, xinhua