37 killed as bus collides with tanker in PakistanSeptember 30th, 2008 - 3:21 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 30 (DPA) At least 37 people were killed and six injured when a bus collided with a tanker in central Pakistan, officials said Tuesday.The accident occurred late Monday near the town of Muzaffargarh in the Punjab province.
The speeding bus ploughed into the tanker on a narrow road near a bridge under construction. Following the collision the vehicle caught fire, Tariq Javed Malik, the district coordination officer, said.
Among the victims were nine women and three children.
- 12 killed in Pakistan road crash - Jan 23, 2011
- Women Kabaddi team's bus catches fire, two die - Nov 17, 2011
- Pakistan: Seven passengers die after bus driver falls asleep - Apr 12, 2012
- 32 die in Pakistan road accident (Lead) - Jan 23, 2011
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- Four killed in Nigeria road accident - Jul 07, 2012
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- Five killed in Pakistan road accident - Mar 09, 2012
- NATO oil tanker crashes into van in Afghanistan, killing 7 - Apr 07, 2012
- 28 killed in China road accident - Aug 26, 2012
- Flood refugees attack relief vehicles in Pakistan - Aug 14, 2010
- Two killed, 21 hurt in China road accident - Dec 18, 2011
- 18 devotees killed in Punjab accident (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012