300 obese Pakistani cops removed from field jobsJune 22nd, 2012 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 22 (IANS) A total of 324 policemen having a waistline of more than 38 inches will no longer be allowed to carry out field jobs in Pakistan’s Punjab province and have been transferred to police lines.
A police report was compiled after measuring waistlines of officials from the rank of constable to inspector. It found that of the total strength of 19,000 personnel of Rawalpindi Police, only 4,269 were found to have a waistline of less than 38 inches, The News International reported Friday.
A total of 14,731 officials - or 77 percent - were marked as having pot bellies, including 74 inspectors, 894 sub-inspectors, 2,251 assistant sub-inspectors, 4,103 head constables and 7,409 constables.
Warning letters have been issued to 14,731 policemen, with the advice to reduce their waistlines before July 1.
The fat officials have been transferred to the Punjab Constabulary for two years.
Some officials who took part in the waistline measurement test raised objections that an inspector deputed to measure their bellies himself carried an oversized tummy with the waistline of 41 inches.
They alleged that officers from the rank of deputy superintendant of police (DSP) to the top were excluded from the count.
- Punjab cops to get unique IDs, officer ranks - May 12, 2011
- Potbellies of policemen in Jharkhand draws concern at training camp - Nov 01, 2010
- Three cops killed as truck rams into police station - Jun 16, 2012
- Bihar gets its first all-women police station - Jan 23, 2012
- Punjab gives promotions to 5,199 police men in one go - Sep 24, 2011
- Chandigarh gets its first woman SHO - Jul 01, 2011
- Youth shoots at cops inside Kanpur police station - Mar 30, 2012
- Car hits police van, three hurt - Jan 01, 2012
- Five police officials suspended for 'dereliction of duty' over Lahore shrine attacks - Jul 05, 2010
- Delhi Police officer killed in road accident - Apr 29, 2011
- Woman killed in clash during police raid - Feb 05, 2011
- Massive security for 2013 Allahabad Kumbh Mela - Jun 19, 2012
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Criminals run truck over UP sub-inspector - May 17, 2012
- Pak should follow India's example in booking "top guns" for wrongdoings: Pak CJ - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: constable, constables, constabulary, cops, dsp, jobs in pakistan, july 1, measurement, news international, objections, police lines, police report, policemen, pot bellies, punjab province, superintendant, waistline, waistlines, warning letters