26/11 control room was in Pakistan: ChidambaramJuly 4th, 2012 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram Wednesday said that arrested 26/11 handler Syed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jindal had told investigators how the control room of the Mumbai terror attack functioned. The minister said interrogations had confirmed that the terror attack was being controlled from Pakistan.
“We now know how the control room functioned. So I think the dots are being connected. It is no longer possible for anyone to deny that the incident happened in Mumbai but the control of the incident, before and during the incident was in Pakistan,” Chidamabram said here.
Abu Jindal Hamza, the Indian national who has confessed to being in the control room in Karachi during the 2008 terror siege of Mumbai, was arrested at the airport in Delhi June 21 after his deportation from Saudi Arabia.
Jindal is being interrogated by several investigating teams, including the Intelligence Bureau, Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad team and a special Delhi Police team.
- Confirmed that 26/11 controlled from Pakistan: Chidambaram (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Confirmed that 26/11 controlled from Pakistan: Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Path ahead not easy for India-Pakistan talks: Mathai - Jul 05, 2012
- India ups pressure on 26/11 disclosures, discusses Kashmir with Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Abu Jindal has no remorse for Mumbai carnage, say investigators - Jul 03, 2012
- India ups pressure on Pakistan over Jindal, no dossier shared (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- NIA has joined Jindal interrogation, court told - Jul 04, 2012
- 'Jindal got regular information about Mumbai from Headley' - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistan rejects involvement of state actors in 26/11 - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistan should admit Abu Jindal was 26/11 mastermind: India (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Pakistan told of Jindal confession: Mathai (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Court declines to give Hamza custody to Mumbai police (lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- India seeks to nail Pakistan on 26/11 with Hamza's confession (Roundup) - Jun 27, 2012
- 26/11 arrest: Pakistan says terror a common concern - Jun 26, 2012
- India has told Pakistan of outcome of 26/11 probe: Mathai - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: alias, delhi police, deportation, dots, hamza, intelligence bureau, investigators, jindal, july 4, june 21, karachi, New Delhi, p chidambaram, pakistan, police team, saudi arabia, terror attack, union home minister