25 cellphones seized from Pakistani jailMay 21st, 2012 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 21 (IANS) At least 25 cellphones have been recovered from different barracks of a Pakistan jail during a search operation, Online news agency reported Monday. The phones were allegedly allowed by the jail superintendent.
The recovery was made from Adiala jail in Punjab province’s Rawalpindi district where the search was launched following transfer of the jail’s superintendent who had allegedly allowed mobile phones without any check, the report quoted reliable sources as saying.
Batteries, chargers and phone SIM cards were confiscated from jail inmates in various barracks during the search operation carried out by the Adiala jail assistant superintendent.
- Prisoners beat up Rajasthan jailor - Mar 21, 2012
- Mobile phones seized in Bihar jail - Jun 23, 2011
- Case against jail staff after mobiles found in raid - Feb 07, 2011
- Mobile phones, ganja found in Bihar jail - Jul 20, 2011
- Twelve mobile phones seized from Bihar jail - Apr 07, 2010
- Mobile phones seized from former RJD MP Shahabuddin in Siwan jail - Oct 22, 2010
- Fifteen mobile phones recovered from Bihar jail - Sep 02, 2010
- Mobiles, knife seized from Jharkhand jail - Jan 18, 2011
- Ten mobile phones seized from Bihar jail - Mar 11, 2010
- Pak court directs jail authorities to give Taseer's assassin all amenities as per Prisons Act - Feb 11, 2011
- New service gives parents control over kids' mobile use - May 21, 2012
- Jail warden held for providing mobiles to inmates - May 06, 2012
- Over 20,300 cases of SIM cloning reported so far: Deora - Aug 22, 2012
- Cellphones recovered from Kashmir prison - Apr 17, 2011
- Mobile phones, SIM cards seized during raids in jail - Dec 31, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,