23 terrorists enter Islamabad, Lahore to attack police, buildings: Intelligence reportOctober 24th, 2010 - 12:51 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Oct 24 (ANI): As many as 23 terrorists have entered Islamabad and Lahore to attack senior police officers, bureaucrats and important buildings, while Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has separately planned to launch terror strikes on religious leaders and activists of two particular sects and their business interests, intelligence reports have revealed.
According to the reports, 23 terrorists had been dispatched from the Pakistani tribal areas and could have reached the federal and provincial capitals by now, the Daily Times reported.
Another intelligence report revealed that the TTP extremists have planned attacks on the clerics of Sunni (Brelvi) and Shia sects, their markets and business centres across the province.
Subsequently, the National Crisis Management Cell has issued a circular to the Inspector General of Islamabad police, the Chief Commissioner, provincial police officers and the heads of other law enforcement agencies, with directions to immediately put security on high alert, especially in the federal and provincial capitals.
The Punjab Home Department has also issued two circulars to the Punjab IG, the capital city police officer, all regional police officers, city police officers and district police officers, directing them to immediately put security across the province on high alert.
They have also been directed to adopt all necessary measures to foil the nefarious designs of terrorists, and avert any untoward incident. (ANI)
- Pak Taliban planning countrywide attacks on mosques, shrines on Eid-ul-Azha - Nov 09, 2010
- Blast at religious shrine in Pakpattan kills four - Oct 25, 2010
- Pak agencies warn of terror attacks on foreigners, embassies - Aug 16, 2010
- Taliban, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi plan suicide attacks across Pakistan on Eid - Nov 13, 2010
- Pak intelligence reports hint at terror strikes ahead of Eid - Sep 08, 2010
- Shrines in Pak Punjab province at risk of terror attacks in absence of security measures - Oct 25, 2010
- 10 TTP, Haqqani network linked terrorists arrested in Pak Punjab - Aug 12, 2010
- Taliban planning 'mass extinctions' by poisoning Karachi's water supply - Nov 24, 2009
- Al-Qaeda, Pak Taliban planning to abduct Lebanese ambassador: Pak intelligence report - Oct 04, 2010
- Kamra airbase attackers were Pakistanis: Malik - Aug 19, 2012
- Taliban planning to attack Parliament House, warns Pak intelligence - May 19, 2010
- Four bodies found in Pakistan - Jan 18, 2011
- TTP planning terror attacks on Muharram processions through IEDs - Dec 15, 2010
- Pak intelligence warns of attack on US Embassy - May 09, 2010
- Pak Taliban planning to use poisonous gases in fresh terror attacks - Oct 16, 2010
Tags: business centres, business interests, chief commissioner, circulars, city police officer, city police officers, district police officers, intelligence report, intelligence reports, law enforcement agencies, management cell, national crisis, necessary measures, police buildings, provincial capitals, provincial police officers, regional police, terror strikes, tribal areas, untoward incident