21 killed in Pakistan drone strikes (Lead)July 7th, 2012 - 1:19 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 6 (IANS) At least 21 suspected militants were killed Friday night in two drone strikes in Pakistan’s northwest tribal region, media reports said.
The first drone fired two missiles around 9 p.m. at a house suspected to be a militant hideout in Datta Khel area of North Waziristan, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Dunya. Five militants were killed in the attack.
The identities of those killed were not known.
Citing local media, Xinhua said at least 16 people were killed in a second US drone strike in the same area.
ARY News said six missiles were fired at the house in Datta Khel, east of Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan, near the Afghan border.
Dunya News said the second attack took place when rescue activities were going on in the area.
It put the toll at 22, saying four people were killed in the first drone strike and 18 in the second attack.
- 11 killed in Pakistan drone strike (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Nine killed in Pakistan drone strike - Jul 12, 2011
- 10 killed in Pakistan drone strike - May 24, 2012
- Drone strikes kill 58 in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Drone strike kills five more in Pakistan - Aug 19, 2012
- US drones kill seven in Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- US drone strike kills 4 in northwest Pakistan - Sep 01, 2012
- Drone attack kills four in Pakistan - Jun 11, 2010
- US drone attacks kill six in Pakistan - Feb 24, 2011
- Five killed in Pakistan drone strike - Jun 04, 2011
- US drone kills four in Pakistan - May 26, 2012
- Four die in US drone attack in Pakistan - Feb 09, 2012
- 13 militants killed in three US drone strikes in North Waziristan - Nov 04, 2010
- 6 die in Pakistan drone strike - Oct 13, 2011
- Eight die in drone strike in Pakistan - May 12, 2011