200 killed as rains, floods continue to wreak havoc in PakJuly 30th, 2010 - 12:33 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, July 30(ANI): Monsoon rains and floods continue to wreak havoc across Pakistan, as the death toll in rain-related incidents in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) climbed to 200.
Worst hit was Khyber Pakhtunkhwa where flash floods and torrential rains killed 108 people.
The situation has also forced the provincial government to declare a state of emergency across the province.
According to The Daily Times, 54 people were killed in Swat, 41 in Shangla, 11 in Peshawar, 16 in Upper Dir, 12 in Lower Dir and five were killed in Batagram district.
The Pakistan Army has started rescue operations along with the district administration in Peshawar, Charsadda and Nowshera.
Meanwhile, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Iftikhar Hussain has urged the federal government to help the province deal with the crisis.
He also said that the provincial government needed 200 boats for rescue efforts. (ANI)
- Rains, floods continue to wreak havoc in Pak, death toll rises to 800 - Aug 01, 2010
- Pak Army set up flood monitoring cell in Karachi - Aug 01, 2010
- 52 killed as rains wreak havoc in Pak - Jul 29, 2010
- Sharif says Zardari must cancel UK visit to help flood-hit Pak people - Aug 02, 2010
- Death toll in Pak flood-related incidents rises to 1300 - Aug 02, 2010
- Terror in Pakistan province: 1,400 dead in 2011 - Jan 31, 2012
- Floods kill over 100 in Pakistan - Jul 29, 2010
- Imran Khan warns of protests if Zardari visits UK - Aug 02, 2010
- Over 400 killed in Pakistan floods (Second lead) - Jul 30, 2010
- Roof collapse in northern Pakistan kills 5, injures 3 - Sep 05, 2012
- Militants trying to enter Peshawar in guise of flood victims: Report - Aug 02, 2010
- Pakistan braces for flood surge - Aug 05, 2010
- Pakistan flood toll reaches 1,300 - Aug 01, 2010
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa govt. shuts down flood relief camps of terror outfits - Aug 23, 2010
- Regrouped terrorists creating "parallel system of governance" in Pak flood hit areas - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,