20 NATO supply trucks torched in Quetta in fresh attack following air strike standoffOctober 6th, 2010 - 11:53 am ICT by ANI
Quetta, Oct 5 (ANI): In the latest attack on convoys carrying supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan in Pakistan, unidentified assailants have torched more than 20 NATO supply trucks, police officials said.
The incident took place near the Akhtarabad terminal in Quetta, the Dawn reported.
Last week, over 27 oil tankers carrying fuel for Afghan-based NATO forces, and another three vehicles were torched near Shikarpur Super Highway in southern Pakistan, resulting in injuries to two men, after some unidentified assailants fired rockets at the convoy.
According to analysts, the Shikarpur attack on NATO supply trucks was just an indication of what could happen if Pakistan were to stop providing security to the convoys.
In recent weeks, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has ramped up missile strikes from its unmanned drones, targeting militants who are believed to be a part of a Pakistan-linked Al-Qaeda plot planning to attack European cities.
The US has carried out 26 drone strikes in the past month in Pakistan, which is the highest monthly total in the past six years. (ANI)
- Taliban claim responsibility for attack on NATO tankers in Quetta - Oct 07, 2010
- One killed in NATO tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 03, 2011
- Two NATO fuel tankers torched in Balochistan - Apr 06, 2011
- Two NATO supply tankers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 29, 2011
- One killed in NATO oil tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 01, 2011
- Two NATO oil tankers torched in Balochistan - Mar 12, 2011
- Two NATO supply trailers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 30, 2011
- Another militant attack on NATO tankers in Balochistan - Oct 09, 2010
- 27 NATO fuel tankers torched at Shikarpur day after ISAF air strike on Pak soldiers - Oct 01, 2010
- NATO supply trucks attacked in Balochistan - Jun 13, 2010
- 30 NATO oil tankers torched in Pakistan (Lead) - Dec 09, 2011
- Four NATO trucks torched in Quetta - Jul 16, 2010
- 35 NATO oil tankers torched in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 06, 2010
- Another 26 NATO tankers burnt in Nowshera in Pak following air strike standoff - Oct 07, 2010
- 'US drone attack surge in Pak connected to suspected Europe terror plot': Haqqani - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: al qaeda, central intelligence agency, convoy, convoys, drone, european cities, militants, missile strikes, nato forces in afghanistan, oct 5, oil tankers, police officials, quetta, rockets, six years, southern pakistan, standoff, two men, unidentified assailants, unmanned drones