18 security men among 20 killed in Hangu attackApril 18th, 2009 - 7:39 pm ICT by ANI
Hangu (NWFP, Pakistan), Apr.18 (ANI): Twenty people were killed including 18 security personnel and scores others injured in a suicide attack at a security check post here on Saturday.
According to sources, the suicide bomber rammed his explosives laden vehicle into the security check post near Doaba Police Station, causing a loud blast which was heard in a wide radius.
The News quoted Deputy Superintendent of Police, Hangu, Fareed Khan as confirming 20 deaths.
The blast occurred exactly at a time when a convoy of security forces was passing from the spot. This resulted in a greater loss of life while 11 vehicles were also destroyed in the attack.
Fifteen persons injured including five police personnel. SHO Doaba Aimal Khan was among the injured.
The bodies and injured have been shifted to CMH Tal and CMH Kohat.
Security forces surrounded the blast site after the attack where no one is being allowed to enter.(ANI)
- Four to ten killed in Hangu suicide attack - Mar 05, 2010
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- 10 die in Pakistan blast - Jan 17, 2011
- Eight die in suicide bombing in Pakistan tunnel (Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Pak security forces foil terror plan in Hangu, recover explosive-laden vehicle - Dec 25, 2010
- Suicide bombing toll in Pakistan rises to 36 - May 27, 2011
- 18 soldiers killed in Pakistan suicide bombing (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- 10 killed in Pakistan suicide bombing (Lead) - Mar 05, 2010
- 15 killed in Pakistan bus blast (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- 18 killed in passenger van bomb blast in Pak's KP province - Jan 17, 2011
- Five of family killed in Kohat blast in Pakistan - Sep 08, 2010
- Suicide, remote-controlled bombings kill 24 in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- Violent incidents in Pakistan since Osama's killing - May 23, 2011
- 640 Pakistanis died in 37 suicide attacks this year - Nov 29, 2010
- Five killed in suicide blast in Pakistan - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: cmh, convoy, deaths, deputy superintendent, explosives, fareed, kohat, loud blast, nwfp pakistan, police station, radius, security check, security forces, security men, security personnel, suicide attack, suicide bomber