18 killed in Pakistan drone attacks (Lead)December 27th, 2010 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 27 (IANS) At least 18 suspected militants were killed in a series of missile strikes by US drones in North Waziristan, Pakistan’s restive tribal region, a media report said Monday.”The first drone fired missiles in Sher Tala area of Spinwam and killed six suspected militants,” Geo TV reported.
The second attack Monday afternoon fired six missiles on two vehicles in Mir Ali area of North Waziristan, the channel said, adding “all 12 militants on board are believed to have been killed”.
Pakistani security forces are engaged in a massive crackdown against Al Qaeda and the Taliban militants in the tribal region of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, bordering Afghanistan.
The pilotless US drone attacks have killed more than 1,800 people in over 200 such attacks since 2004, including several high-profile terrorist leaders.
- Six militants killed in Pakistan drone attack - Dec 27, 2010
- At least 22 people killed after U.S. drone strikes in Pakistan - Dec 27, 2010
- US drone strike kills 4 in northwest Pakistan - Sep 01, 2012
- 10 killed in Pakistan drone strike - May 24, 2012
- Drone attack kills six in Pakistan (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- US drones kill seven in Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- US drone attack kills four in Pakistan - Nov 26, 2010
- Five killed in drone attack in Pakistan - Nov 21, 2010
- Drone attack kills three in Pakistan - Nov 03, 2011
- US drone attacks kill six in Pakistan - Feb 24, 2011
- Drone strikes kill 21 in Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- Six killed in Pakistan drone strike - Jul 06, 2011
- US drone strikes kill 13 in Pakistan - Nov 07, 2010
- 17 killed in Pakistan drone strikes - Aug 24, 2012
- 21 killed in Pakistan drone strikes (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: afghanistan, al qaeda, ali, drone, drones, geo tv, massive crackdown, missile strikes, missiles, monday afternoon, north waziristan, security forces, suspected militants, taliban, terrorist leaders, waziristan pakistan