18 killed in Afghan suicide bombingJune 20th, 2012 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, June 20 (IANS) A suicide bomber Wednesday blew himself up in Afghanistan’s Khost city, killing at least 17 people and injuring 35 others, Xinhua reported.
The attack took place around noon in the capital of Khost province, around 150 km southeast of Kabul.
Witnesses said the attack happened while a convoy of foreign troops was passing through Faiz Mohammad Khan area.
While one hospital reported 11 dead, another said it had received six bodies.
Khost police chief Sardar Mohammad Zazai said the bomber was riding a motorbike.
- Suicide bomber kills nine in Afghanistan - Feb 18, 2011
- Six die in Afghan suicide bombing - May 19, 2012
- 250 Afghan students believed poisoned - May 15, 2012
- Suicide blast rocks Kabul hospital - May 21, 2011
- Taliban strike Kabul, other Afghan targets (Second Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- Nine killed in Afghan bombings - Nov 12, 2011
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- Seven killed in Afghan suicide blast (Lead) - May 28, 2011
- Afghan provincial governor succumbs to suicide blast injuries - May 29, 2011
- 13 US soldiers die in Kabul bombing - Oct 29, 2011
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- 22 killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Jun 06, 2012