16 trapped under collapsed building in PakistanMarch 23rd, 2012 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 23 (IANS) At least 16 people remained trapped under the rubble of a collapsed three-storey building in eastern Pakistan’s Multan city Friday night.
A tuition centre for children aged between 8 and 14 was housed in the building in the congested Chorhi Bazaar area of the city in Punjab province.
Eleven other people, including seven children, had been rescued and rushed to hospital.
The rescue work was hampered as there was no electricity in the area, Xinhua reported quoting the local media.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has sought a report on the incident.
- One dead, 12 hurt in Pakistan building collapse - Mar 24, 2012
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- Pakistan factory blast toll rises to 11 - Feb 07, 2012
- Several trapped as factory building collapses in Jalandhar (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Nine trapped in China building collapse - Jun 20, 2011
- Pakistan building collapse toll reaches 10 - Apr 14, 2012
- Two killed in Pakistan building collapse - Aug 04, 2011
- One killed, 30 injured in Delhi house collapse (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Building collapses in Andhra, 15 feared trapped - Sep 16, 2011
- Turkey quake toll reaches 279 - Oct 25, 2011
- Italy quake toll rises to 15 (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Houses collapse in Pakistan quake (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Two killed in building collapse (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- 24 killed in Delhi house collapse (Second Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- 4 die, 24 injured after Bhendi Bazar building collapses in Mumbai - Oct 07, 2010