16 killed, dozens injured in Pakistan blast (Lead)June 16th, 2012 - 3:37 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 16 (IANS) At least 16 people were killed and dozens of others, including children, injured in Pakistan’s Khyber Agency Saturday after a bomb ripped through a market area, Geo News reported.
Many of the critically injured were shifted to Peshawar city, the report added.
According to local administration, the blast occurred near a bus stop in Khyber tribal district’s main bazaar of Landi Kotal.
Initial reports said 16 people died and over 40 suffered injuries, sources said.
The blast appeared to be aimed at members of the pro-government Zakha Khel tribe, who oppose a local warlord, sources told.
Nobody claimed the responsibility for the blast till the last reports came in, but in the past militants have carried out several attacks in the area.
- Eight killed in Pakistan blast - Jun 16, 2012
- Two kids killed in Pakistan blast - Dec 31, 2011
- Girls' schools blown up in Pakistan's Khyber tribal region - Mar 25, 2011
- Six government militiamen killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- 20 killed, 40 injured in Pakistan blast - Jan 10, 2012
- 29 killed in Pakistan market blast (Second Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Powerful blast rips apart 100-year-old mosque, shrines in FATA - Jul 15, 2010
- Pakistan blast: 31 killed, Taliban claims responsibility - Sep 15, 2011
- Suicide bombing kills 34 in Peshawar funeral (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Blast damages 100-year-old Pakistani mosque - Jul 15, 2010
- 21 killed in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Three killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Twin blasts rock Pakistan's tribal area - Jan 29, 2011
- Twin blasts rock Peshawar, 10 dead (Lead) - Jun 12, 2011