15 killed, 1500 taken hostage in attack on Lahore police training schoolMarch 30th, 2009 - 12:05 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Mar.30 (ANI): At least fifteen people have been reportedly killed and over eighteen injured in a terror attack on the police training center in Manawaan area here.
According to sources, 10 to 12 gunmen entered the training center in police uniform and opened fired on the parade which was being carried out by the security personnel.
The attackers also lobbed grenades on the parade, The News reports.
The attackers have also held hostage at least 1500 people inside the campus of the training camp.
Rangers, and trained commandos have been called on the spot to deal with the situation, and a commando operation was being chalked out.
Heavy exchange of gunfire between the terrorists and security personnel was reported till reports last filtered in.
Six injured policemen have been shifted to services hospital. (ANI)
- Forces well trained to face terror threat from across the border: Army - Mar 30, 2009
- Gunbattle on as terrorists take hostages at Pakistan naval facility - May 23, 2011
- Zardari's chief security officer attacked - May 29, 2011
- Taliban assault on Lahore mosques ends, 72 dead - May 28, 2010
- Chinese among hostages at Karachi navy base - May 23, 2011
- 13 killed in Iraq violence - Mar 13, 2012
- Taliban's 'Terror Thursday' leaves 26 dead in Lahore - Oct 15, 2009
- Four militants killed, two nabbed for attacking Pak Army GHQ - Oct 10, 2009
- Violent incidents in Pakistan since Osama's killing - May 23, 2011
- 250 suspects detained over Lahore terror attack - May 30, 2010
- Gunmen kill four during hostage crisis in western Iraq - Oct 04, 2011
- Blast injures two in Assam (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Taliban militants attack hotel near Kabul - Jun 22, 2012
- Taliban attack two mosques in Lahore, over 1000 taken hostage - May 28, 2010
- Terrorists attack Pakistan army HQ, at least four die (Third Lead) - Oct 10, 2009
Tags: attackers, commando operation, commandos, grenades, gunfire, gunmen, hostage, police training center, police training school, police uniform, policemen, rangers, security personnel, terror attack, terrorists, training camp