14 killed in 5.4 magnitude earthquake near China-Burma borderMarch 10th, 2011 - 4:48 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Mar 10(ANI): At least 14 people have been killed and 135 others injured in an 5.4 magnitude earthquake that struck in south-west China near the border with Burma on Thursday.
The epicentre of the 5.4-magnitude quake was located 225kilometre west-southwest of Dali in Yunnan province, News.com.au reports.
According to reports, some houses have collapsed and there were reports of people buried in debris.
Meanwhile, China Earthquake Administration has initiated a grade III emergency response.
Military personnel and team of experts, headed by an official with the administration’s emergency relief bureau, were on their way to the scene. (ANI)
- 14 killed in China quake - Mar 10, 2011
- Earthquake shakes China's Yunnan province - Sep 07, 2012
- Five die in China quake - Sep 07, 2012
- Four injured in China quake - Jun 21, 2011
- 35 injured, 64,500 affected in China quake (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Quake hits China, damages 678 homes - Feb 02, 2011
- China quake toll rises to 25 - Mar 11, 2011
- Strong quake rocks China-Myanmar border region, casualties unknown - Mar 10, 2011
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 01, 2011
- At least 19 dead, 168 injured injured after quake devastates SW China county - Mar 10, 2011
- China quake kills 64, injures over 700 (Second Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Two earthquakes jolt Tibet - Mar 24, 2010
- 24 killed, 150 injured in China quake (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Two light earthquakes rattle Mexico - U.S. border - May 23, 2010
- Two dead, 100 injured in China quake - Jun 24, 2012
Tags: beijing, burma border, china earthquake, dali, debris, emergency relief, emergency response, epicentre, magnitude earthquake, magnitude quake, military personnel, news com au, south west china, team of experts, west southwest, yunnan province