131-yr old man to cast vote in April 10 CA polls in NepalMarch 29th, 2008 - 8:44 pm ICT by admin
Kathmandu, Mar 29 (ANI): A 131-year-old man is eagerly waiting to exercise his franchise in the April 10 Constituent Assembly election in Nepal.
According to the District Election Office, in the voters list updated last year, date of birth of Medini Prasad Adhikari, who hails from Bahuntilpung-3, was mentioned as 1876 A.D.
Adhikari would be brought to Bahuntilpung just a day ahead of the elections, said family members.
His family members have anticipated that Adhikari might possibly be the senior-most voter in Nepal, or probably the world, nepalnews.com reported. (ANI)
- 59 percent polling in UP - Feb 23, 2012
- Nepal opposition plans anti-government protest - Jun 05, 2012
- Update Delhi gurdwara poll voters' list, says court - Feb 08, 2012
- Third phase of Bihar Assembly elections witness 53% voter turnout - Oct 28, 2010
- Delhi appeals single judge order on gurdwara election - Feb 17, 2012
- Bomb blast kills three in Nepal - Sep 07, 2009
- Over 75 percent polling expected in Manipur: Poll panel (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Delhi High Court reserves order on gurdwara - Feb 22, 2012
- Polling in Pudukottai ends, 65 percent turnout recorded (Second Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Nepal top leaders to finalise joint resolution motion - Dec 14, 2009
- All 19 on board dead in Nepal plane crash - Sep 25, 2011
- Ex-Nepal PM Bhattarai' last rites performed in Kathmandu - Mar 06, 2011
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- Third phase of Bihar polls end with 53 percent voting (Evening Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Bengal voter slips to carry photos - Feb 24, 2011