13 killed in Karachi factory fireSeptember 12th, 2012 - 1:57 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 12 (IANS) At least 13 people, including two women and a child, were killed and 30 injured in Pakistan’s port city of Karachi Tuesday when a fire broke out in a garment factory, a media report said.
The incident occurred at about 6.00 p.m. in a four-storey factory building in the city’s Baldia town. The fire, which started on the third floor, soon engulfed the second and fourth floors, Xinhua reported.
At least 14 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames.
The fire was yet to be brought under control and many people remained trapped inside the building till last report.
The cause of the fire was yet to be determined, said police.
- 45 killed in factory fires in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Over 300 dead as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Night Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 100 die in Pakistan as two factories go up in flames (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Karachi factory had several emergency exits, all locked - Sep 13, 2012
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 239 die as blaze engulfs two factories in Pakistan (Fourth Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Fire in central Delhi building, no casualty (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Woman killed in Delhi factory fire - Jan 26, 2011
- Nine killed in South Korean fire - May 06, 2012
- Karachi woman hunts for trapped husband, finds his mobile - Sep 13, 2012
- 14 rescued from Mumbai building fire (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Five killed in Turkey building fire - Jan 23, 2012
- Mantralaya fire toll rises to five (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Fire guts Meerut factory, sports goods destroyed - Feb 12, 2011