12 Shias killed in Pakistan (Lead)October 4th, 2011 - 2:43 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 4 (IANS) Twelve Shias were killed Tuesday when gunmen opened fire on them after forcing them out of the vehicle they were travelling in southwest Pakistan’s Quetta city, Xinhua reported.
The attack took place in Akhtarabad area of Quetta, the capital of Balochistan province. Over a dozen were injured.
Five died on the spot, while seven others succumbed to their injuries in hospital, officials said.
The motorcycle-borne attackers ordered the victims to get off the vehicle before opening indiscriminate fire on them.
It was carrying 22 passengers and was on its way from Quetta to Dalbandin. The assailants fled the scene.
In a similar attack on Sep 23, four Shias were gunned down in Quetta.
- 18 Shia pilgrims gunned down in Pakistan - Jul 07, 2012
- Six Shias shot dead in Pakistan - Apr 10, 2012
- 29 Shia pilgrims killed in Pakistan - Sep 21, 2011
- Four Shias shot dead in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 23, 2011
- Gunmen attack bus carrying Shiite Muslims in southwestern Pakistan, killing 13 - Oct 05, 2011
- 9 killed in wave of sectarian violence in Quetta - Sep 01, 2012
- Pakistan moves against Shia killers, 70 held - Oct 05, 2011
- 19 NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Aug 22, 2011
- Official shot dead in Pakistan's Quetta - Oct 08, 2011
- 13 die as gunmen open fire in Pakistan city (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Two policemen killed in Pakistan attack - May 30, 2011
- Two NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Aug 28, 2011
- Pakistani teacher gunned down - Jun 20, 2012
- 11 die in Pakistan firing - Jul 30, 2011
- 35 NATO oil tankers torched in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 06, 2010