12 killed, several others injured in US drone strike in FATA’s Orakzai AgencyApril 1st, 2009 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Apr.1 (ANI): At least twelve suspected terrorists were killed and several others were injured in US drone strike in the Orakzai Agency of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) on Wednesday.
The US Predator drones fired missiles at a suspected Taliban camp in the Khadzai area close to the Afghan border, The News reported.
Sources said the Taliban had cordoned-off the area immediately after the strike, and no one was allowed near the attack site.
This was second such US strike in less than two week inside Pakistan’s territory.
On March 25, seven foreign militants were killed in a suspected US drone strike in South Waziristan.
The attack targeted a house of a man named Haji Dost Muhammad in Makeen area near Razmak, 12 kilometer North West of Ladha.
Pakistan has been strongly criticizing the drone hits, saying they are proving counterproductive in its efforts to tackle extremism.
Islamabad has regularly urged Washington to halt the drone attacks as they resulted in civilian casualties more, but the US has already made it clear that it would continue to act against the terror camps based on Pakistani soil. (ANI)
- Thirteen killed, six others injured in US drone strike in North Waziristan - Apr 04, 2009
- Seven killed in US drone attack in S. Waziristan - Mar 25, 2009
- 13 die in drone strike in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Pakistan demands drone technology from US - Jan 23, 2011
- Pakistan urging 'friends' to pressurise US to end drone attacks: Gilani - Apr 14, 2011
- US drones kill seven in Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Sit-in against Pakistan drone strikes - Feb 26, 2012
- 16 die in US drone strike in Pakistan - Aug 10, 2011
- 10 killed in Pakistan drone strike - May 24, 2012
- Nine killed in Pakistan drone strike - Jul 12, 2011
- Gilani 'condemns' US drone attacks in Pak tribal areas, but wants drone technology - Dec 30, 2010
- Three killed in suspected US drone strike in South Waziristan - Jun 14, 2009
- Fresh U.S. drone strikes kill 4 people in North Waziristan - Aug 03, 2011
- US drone attack kills 12 in Pakistan - Apr 01, 2009
- 22 killed in Pakistan drone strike (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: afghan border, civilian casualties, drone, fata, foreign militants, kilometer north, march 25, missiles, muhammad, orakzai agency, pakistan, predator drones, soil, south waziristan, suspected terrorists, taliban, terror, tribal areas