1,141 people set new Guinness World Record walking barefootSeptember 6th, 2010 - 4:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 6 (ANI): A new Guinness World Record for the largest group of barefoot walkers has been set in China.
A total of 1,141 people took part in the event in Chengdu, Sichuan province, on September 4, China Daily reported.
And another 6,000-odd local residents participated in the event to finish a 4.2-km walk in the city’s Biluohu Park to mark the Infinitus 2010 World Walking Day.
The Infinitus (China) Company Ltd, organizer of the event, was awarded the certificate by Marco Frigatti, head of the global records management team for Guinness World Records. (ANI)
- 1,141 people remove shoes to set world record - Sep 06, 2010
- Andhra students set largest barefoot walk record - Nov 12, 2010
- Man crosses 6,000 ft high canyon without safety net - Apr 23, 2012
- 200,000 people worldwide celebrate Guinness World Records Day - Nov 19, 2010
- What Guinness? My job is to run: 100-year-old Fauja Singh (Interview) (With images) - Jan 04, 2012
- Around 300 runners take part in Mumbai barefoot half marathon - Dec 12, 2010
- In paying tribute to Hazarika, guitarists create record - Jun 04, 2012
- Assam constable runs 156 km barefoot - Jan 31, 2012
- 3 southern Californians break Guinness world record for TV viewing! - Dec 07, 2010
- Mexican sets new world record for fastest barefoot water skiing - Mar 09, 2011
- Man attempts Guinness record with 300 kg shoes on - Aug 10, 2012
- Air China opens flight to Mumbai - May 02, 2012
- Chinese squirts glue on women's hair - Jul 23, 2012
- Gujarat sets 6 Guinness records in golden jubilee year - Jun 14, 2011
- WTO will fight against protectionism: Lamy - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: chengdu sichuan, china company, china daily, company ltd, global records, guinness world record, guinness world records, infinitus 2010, largest group, New Delhi, records management team, sichuan province, walkers, walking day