11 of the world’s top 20 wealthiest self-made women are ChineseOctober 13th, 2010 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 13 (ANI): Zhang Yin, head of a Chinese recycled paper company, is the wealthiest self-made female entrepreneur in the world.
According to the Hurun List of Self-Made Women Billionaires list, 11 of the top 20 wealthiest self-made women in the world are Chinese.
Zhang, 53, founder and chairwoman of the company Nine Dragons Paper, has topped the list with an estimated personal fortune of 5.6 billion dollars, reports the China Daily.
Wu Yajun of Longfor Property, comes in second with 4.1 billion dollars and Chen Lihua of Fu Wah International, ranks third with 4 billion dollars.
The US talk show host Oprah Winfrey ranked ninth on the list with 2.3 billion dollars in assets and the British author J.K. Rowling placed 20th with a fortune of 1 billion dollars.
“China is clearly the leader for women in business,” said Rupert Hoogewerf, complier of the Hurun Rich List.
However, the Hurun Rich List also showed that only 11 percent of the richest people in China are women.
The complete Hurun Rich List ranks 1,363 individuals in China with personal wealth of at least 150 million dollars. (ANI)
- China's Zhang Yin is world's richest woman - Oct 13, 2010
- 83 people on Hurun rich list have $1.5 trillion - Mar 06, 2012
- Beverage giant chief becomes China's richest man - Sep 30, 2010
- China's wealthy get wealthier - Sep 23, 2011
- China has 189 billionaires - Oct 12, 2010
- China billionaire rich list grows to 49 more - Oct 29, 2010
- Many young Chinese billionaires built fortune from scratch - May 16, 2011
- China has over 1 mn multi-millionaires - Jul 31, 2012
- China's super-rich only second to US - Oct 13, 2009
- China has 960,000 millionaires and still counting... - Apr 13, 2011
- Shanghai - a city with 132,000 millionaires - May 13, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey, JK Rowling amongst World's Richest Self-Made Women - Jun 16, 2010
- Chinese tycoon sentenced to 14 years in prison - May 18, 2010
- Australian Billionaire Gina Rinehart is now the world's richest woman - May 24, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi, Nooyi in Asia's 8 top power women - Mar 08, 2010
Tags: 1 billion dollars, british author, chairwoman, china daily, complier, dragons, female entrepreneur, j k rowling, lihua, million dollars, New Delhi, oprah winfrey, personal fortune, personal wealth, recycled paper company, rich list, rupert hoogewerf, women in business, women in the world, zhang yin