10yr-old Chinese quake hero turns movie starMay 12th, 2009 - 2:01 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 12 (ANI): Lin Hao is no longer camera shy, for the youngest of China’s “quake heroes” to emerge from last year’s catastrophe is filming for a third television role.
The 10-year-old, who had rescued two fellow students from classroom rubble after being left with a head injury that required a hair transplant, is presently shooting for a sitcom entitled Stories at the Nurse Station.
The brave lad, who was tagged “heroic youth” along with 19 other youngsters last June for their courage, jetted to central China’s Henan province to star in the show that tells the stories about the days following the earthquake, reports the China Daily.
Lin said: “I play a boy named Guai Guai. His father has a part-time job and is never at home. That’s just like my family.”
The third grade student, who was another face from an impoverished home in Sichuan’s Zizhong County a year ago, has starred in two movies.
He has also made TV appearances in Shanghai’s Mid-Autumn Festival celebrations, Beijing’s National Day party, and China Central Television’s Spring Festival Gala. (ANI)
- Eight die in China boat capsize - Sep 10, 2011
- A kiss lands Chinese driver in trouble - Sep 16, 2011
- 91 mn Chinese to travel by train during holidays - Sep 01, 2011
- Seven held in China for prostituting underage girls - Jul 19, 2012
- Lawyer, shown on TV in sex scandal, wants apology - Sep 28, 2011
- Chinese child-trafficking ring busted - Jul 06, 2012
- Rains likely to hit China's food bowl - May 28, 2012
- China bars teachers from using harsh words - Dec 13, 2011
- Iraqi, Indian films win awards at film fest - Mar 15, 2012
- Chinese school donates fund for Pakistan flood victims - Oct 02, 2010
- Man held for locking up women as sex slaves - Sep 23, 2011
- Police offers 'arrest service' to criminals in Chinese province - Sep 15, 2011
- Elderly Chinese teacher molests 10 schoolgirls - Apr 20, 2012
- Chinese man lied about buying US bank, arrested - Jun 11, 2012
- Bihar's Super 30 hits international headlines - Jun 01, 2010
Tags: central china, china central television, china daily, fellow students, festival celebrations, hair transplant, hao, head injury, henan province, lad, mid autumn festival, part time job, rubble, sichuan, sitcom, spring festival, star new, television role, tv appearances, youngsters