100 Taliban insurgents killed in Orakzai offensive : Pak ArmyJuly 14th, 2010 - 1:02 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, July 14 (ANI): Pakistani security officials have claimed killing at least 100 Taliban insurgents in the continuing struggle in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) Orakzai Agency.
The Daily Times reported local political administration confirming the killing of 100 extremists.
Officials said that a soldier was also injured in the ambush with militants in the Dabori area of Upper Orakzai region.
Last week, Pakistani fighter jets showered missiles in areas of Mamozai, Khadezai and Dabori in the region destroying five militant hideouts and killing scores of Taliban militants.
The Pakistan Army had declared victory in Orakzai last month, however, clashes between the security forces and Taliban have continued in the region raising doubts over military’s claims.
Pakistan Army spokesman Major General Athar Abbas also admitted that some of pockets of resistance existed in the region and that the military would soon weed out militants from agency. (ANI)
- Pak fighter jets pound FATA, 15 extremists killed - Jul 08, 2010
- Pakistani fighter jets pound FATA, 12 Taliban killed - Jul 05, 2010
- Pak Army kills 39 more Taliban in Orakzai Agency - Jun 24, 2010
- 44 Taliban insurgents killed as Pak forces continue offensive in Upper Orakzai - Jun 07, 2010
- Three top Taliban commanders among 70 militants killed in FATA airstrikes - May 24, 2010
- 10 Taliban insurgents killed as Pak jets bombard Orakzai - Jun 15, 2010
- Pak Army kills 15 Taliban militants in Orakzai Agency - Aug 01, 2010
- 10 Taliban extremists killed as Pak jets pounds Orakzai - Jun 13, 2010
- Pak Army kills 16 Taliban militants in Orakzai Agency - Jul 23, 2010
- Five suspected militants killed in Pakistan - Jan 06, 2012
- 15 militants killed in Pakistan - Jul 08, 2010
- Seven militants killed in Pakistan's tribal area - Aug 01, 2012
- Pakistani forces destroy hideout, kill militants - May 06, 2012
- Eight militants killed in Pakistan - Oct 04, 2011
- 30 militants killed in Pakistan air strike (Lead) - May 23, 2010
Tags: abbas, ambush, army spokesman, athar, clashes, extremists, fighter jets, hideouts, insurgents, islamabad, militants, missiles, pak army, pakistan army, pockets of resistance, political administration, security forces, security officials, taliban, tribal areas