100 die from fake drug use in PakistanJanuary 26th, 2012 - 11:45 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 26 (IANS) At least 100 patients at a heart institute in Pakistan’s Punjab province have died from reactions to spurious drugs, Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has said.
Sharif said his team was investigating the drug scandal in Lahore’s Punjab Institute of Cardiology, Dawn News reported.
The government has sent samples of the medicines to France and Britain for analysis. The provincial health department has confirmed only 72 deaths.
Sharif said action would be taken against those found guilty.
- Zardari seeks report on 100 deaths due to spurious drugs - Jan 27, 2012
- Pakistan mulls panel to probe fake drugs deaths - Jan 28, 2012
- Pakistan cardiac drug that killed over 100 tainted: Report - Feb 01, 2012
- Officials axed, Pakistan fake drugs kill 109 - Jan 29, 2012
- Panel to improve hospitals in Pakistan Punjab - Feb 02, 2012
- Spurious heart medicine kills 120 in Pakistan - Feb 11, 2012
- 'Company owners held in substandard medicine scandal' - Jan 26, 2012
- Pakistan drug deaths institutionalised incompetence: Daily - Feb 01, 2012
- 5,000 suspected dengue cases reported in Pakistan - Sep 14, 2011
- Pakistan needs to check medical malpractices: Minister - Feb 08, 2012
- 70 die in Pakistan from substandard medicine - Jan 25, 2012
- Petition challenges removal of seven PPP ministers from Pak Punjab cabinet - Mar 04, 2011
- Dengue toll rises to 77 in Lahore - Sep 24, 2011
- Dengue alarm: Pakistan asks for Indian drugs - Sep 13, 2011
- First bio-pharma company launched in Pakistan - Oct 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,