10 killed in Pakistan suicide attack (Second Lead changing dateline)May 11th, 2009 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Peshawar, May 11 (IANS) Ten people were killed and more than 15, including some women, injured in a suicide attack on a paramilitary check post in Pakistan’s troubled northwest.
Quoting sources, The News said eight civilians and two troopers were killed when a suicide bomber blew himself at the Frontier Corps check post in the semi-tribal area of Darra Adam Khel in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP).
The injured have been shifted to Hyattabad Medical Complex, the second largest hospital in Peshawar.
Security forces have cordoned off the area after the blast.
Darra Adam Khel is located between Peshawar and Kohat, very close to the Federally Administered Tribal Area (FATA).
It is inhabited by Pashtuns of the Afridi Adam Khel clan from whom it takes its name.
The town consists of one main street lined with shops, with some alleys and side streets containing workshops that manufacture a wide variety of firearms.
The weapons are handmade by individual craftsmen using traditional manufacturing techniques, usually handed down from father to son.
- Suicide bomber kills 10 in Darra Adam Khel - May 11, 2009
- Three killed, 24 hurt in another mosque attack in Pak's tribal region - Nov 06, 2010
- Pakistan Taliban claim responsibility for mosque attack - Nov 06, 2010
- 17 Taliban militants found dead in north-west Pakistan - Feb 28, 2010
- Over 90 killed in Pakistan terror bombings, plane crash - Nov 05, 2010
- Suicide attack kills three in Pakistan - May 11, 2009
- Would-be suicide bomber arrested in northwest Pakistan - May 01, 2011
- Eight die in suicide bombing in Pakistan tunnel (Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Six killed in Pakistan suicide blast (Lead) - May 11, 2009
- At least 50 killed, 100 wounded after explosion in Pakistani mosque - Nov 05, 2010
- Two militant groups infighting led to suicide bombing at Darra Adamkhel mosque - Nov 06, 2010
- Taliban destroy five govt schools in Pak tribal region for imparting "unIslamic teachings" - Feb 27, 2011
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Pak Army saving Afghan Taliban while country bleeds with mosque attacks: Editorial - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: adam khel, afridi, civilians, craftsmen, firearms, frontier province, north west frontier, pakistan, pashtuns, peshawar, quoting sources, security forces, side streets, suicide attack, suicide bomber, tribal area, weapons