1 terrorist, 4 security personnel killed in terror attacks in Pak tribal regionOctober 21st, 2010 - 11:46 am ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Oct 21 (ANI): Five people were killed- including one terrorist and three security officials- in separate terrorist attacks in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Khyber Agency of Pakistan, officials said.
Three security forces personnel were killed and three others received serious injuries in a remote controlled bomb attack on a military convoy at the Soor Ghar area in Thesil Bara yesterday, the Daily Times reported.
According to security sources, the military convoy was on routine patrol when it was hit by the bomb.
In two separate terrorist attacks in KP, a terrorist and a policeman were killed, police said, adding that in the first incident, an unidentified terrorist riding a motorcycle attacked a checkpost.
A boy, wearing black clothes and a cap, hurled a hand grenade at the checkpost at around 10am, said Capital City Police Officer Liaquat Ali Khan, adding that a police constable, Asad, was injured in the attack.
Locals said that after the terrorist attack, police officials “immediately chased and managed to kill the terrorist inside the tribal area.”
In another terrorist attack, a police constable was killed and another injured in Bannu district late on Tuesday night, police said.
According to police officials, terrorists had opened indiscriminate fire at policemen outside the Town Police Station, killing one constable, Abdul Rehman on the spot and injuring another. (ANI)
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Three killed in another blast in Pakistan - Jan 13, 2011
- Four police officers killed as militants target police vehicle, security checkpoint in Pak - Jan 13, 2011
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Six die in Pakistan suicide blast (Second Lead) - Nov 30, 2010
- Terrorist, policeman killed in Pakistan gun-battle - Jan 28, 2012
- 10 militants among 15 killed in Pakistan clash (Lead) - Sep 18, 2011
- 9 securitymen, 15 militants killed in Pakistan clash - Oct 17, 2011
- Twin blasts rock Pakistan's tribal area - Jan 29, 2011
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Two policemen die, 12 hurt in Pakistan suicide bomb attack - Nov 01, 2010
- 640 Pakistanis died in 37 suicide attacks this year - Nov 29, 2010
- Three Pakistani soldiers killed in bomb attack - Oct 20, 2010
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
Tags: abdul rehman, ali khan, asad, attack police, black clothes, bomb attack, city police officer, hand grenade, indiscriminate fire, military convoy, police constable, police officials, routine patrol, security officials, security sources, terror attacks, terrorist attack, terrorist attacks, town police, tribal area