Zuckerberg’s private Facebook photos goes viralDecember 7th, 2011 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 7 (IANS) Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s private photos were made public after a web expert managed to gain access to his page due to a glitch in the site, a media report said Wednesday.
The bug in the website’s photo reporting tool - which Facebook says was only temporary and has now been fixed - meant that users could access others’ pictures even if they were private.
Users were able to look at the private photos by “reporting” a profile picture as “inappropriate”, which then saw other photos displayed, such as those of Zuckerberg, the Daily Mail reported.
A Facebook spokesman told CNET, a tech media website, that the glitch happened because of “one of our most recent code pushes” but it was only live for a short time and “not all content was accessible”.
The glitch and resulting private photos of Zuckerberg went viral when software engineer Mike Rundle, of Raleigh, North Carolina, posted a link to them on photo-sharing website Imgur.
Zuckerberg’s girlfriend Priscilla Chan is pictured in most of the photos. Some of them can be viewed publicly on his public Facebook profile, but others are said to be private.
The 27-year-old technology genius, of Palo Alto, California, has a staggering fortune of $17.5 billion and treated himself to a $7 million five-bedroom, five bathroom home earlier this year in May.
The New York dentist’s son has lived in Palo Alto almost continuously since he moved Facebook to Silicon Valley straight from his Harvard dormitory room in 2004.
- Facebook CEO marries longtime girlfriend - May 20, 2012
- Facebook CEO upgrades relationship status - Married (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Mark Zuckerberg buys a new mansion - May 06, 2011
- Zuckerberg obtains restraining order against stalker - Feb 09, 2011
- Obama pokes fun at Facebook founder - Apr 21, 2011
- Facebook plans to go public to raise $87bn - May 04, 2012
- Facebook founder obtains restraining order against Indian-origin 'stalker' - Feb 08, 2011
- Facebook founder stalked by Indian-origin fan - Feb 09, 2011
- Facebook to be valued at over $100 bn in 2012 - Nov 29, 2011
- Facebook's Flawed Security Exposes Private Pics of Mark Zuckerberg, Priscilla Chan - Sep 24, 2010
- Facebook's early investors likely to sell shares worth billion dollars - Apr 28, 2011
- Google acquires Nik Software - Sep 18, 2012
- Facebook acquires Instagram for $1 billion - Apr 10, 2012
- Billionaire Facebook founder likes worn jeans, cheap T-shirts - Sep 24, 2010
- Zuckerberg honeymooning in Rome - May 29, 2012
Tags: ceo mark, daily mail, dormitory room, engineer mike, facebook, glitch, mark zuckerberg, mike rundle, new york dentist, old technology, palo alto california, photo sharing website, priscilla chan, private photos, private users, raleigh north carolina, reporting tool, silicon valley, software engineer, web expert