ZTE bags enterprise solutions contract from Power GridSeptember 13th, 2011 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) Chinese telecom equipment manufacturing firm ZTE Tuesday said it has bagged enterprise solutions contract from the Power Grid Corp of India (PGCIL) to provide fixed-network transmission services across the country.
As part of the agreement, ZTE will deploy devices to enhance PGCIL’s network coverage and service quality.
“The India contract represents ZTE’s first step into one of seven key markets in which it aims to be a leading provider of enterprise solutions,” the company said in a statement.
“The contract will increase ZTE’s share of PGCIL’s transmission market to 15 percent, a significant achievement for the company in India’s non-telecom-operator market,” it added.
The India enterprise solutions market is estimated to be worth $3 billion and is projected to grow to $8 billion by 2014. To address this vast potential, ZTE has formed an enterprise solutions team to work with key clients in the government and private sector.
“Given our successes in global markets such as China, Africa and the US, we’re pleased to make this foray into the Indian enterprise solutions market and are confident of success there,” said Cui Liangjun, chief executive officer, ZTE India.
- MTS launches two Android phones for below Rs.5,000 - Aug 31, 2011
- Chinese firm's role in Airtel 4G worries agencies - Aug 08, 2012
- HCL to develop software for US energy firm - Apr 23, 2012
- Huawei launches enterprise business unit in India - Sep 28, 2011
- US optical networking firm expands Bangalore research facility - Dec 05, 2011
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- Reliance Globalcom bags over $100 mn managed services contracts - Sep 30, 2010
- ZTE bags $85 million contract from Aircel - Dec 08, 2010
- Tulip Telecom offers on-demand cloud storage services - May 03, 2012
- Jharkhand appoints consultant for Rs.1,500 crore transmission line - Feb 01, 2012
- Jharkhand to spend Rs.1,600 crore to lay power lines - Feb 26, 2012
- Gurgaon-based Delta inks telecom deal with Canadian co. - Jul 29, 2011
- Ramco Systems launches enterprise software - Jun 15, 2011
- Ricoh India targets Rs.1,000 crore revenue by 2014 - Nov 01, 2011
- ZTE Telecom expects $4 bn business after 3G, WiMax rollout - Apr 16, 2010
Tags: chief executive officer, china, enterprise solutions, foray, global markets, india enterprise, manufacturing firm, network coverage, network transmission, New Delhi, pgcil, power grid, private sector, service quality, solutions market, solutions team, successes, telecom equipment, telecom operator, transmission services