Yahoo to acquire Interclick for $270 mnNovember 2nd, 2011 - 1:16 pm ICT by IANS
San Francisco, Nov 2 (IANS) Yahoo has announced that it is buying data-driven advertising network Interclick for around $270 million.
Interclick is a technology company providing data targeted solutions and optimization technologies, reported Xinhua.
“This investment underscores our focus on enhancing the performance of both our guaranteed and non-guaranteed display business across Yahoo and our partner sites and, combined with Yahoo’s reach and advertising leadership, will deliver a powerful solution for marketers,” said Ross Levinsohn, Yahoo’s executive vice president for the Americas region.
Some analysts said Interclick’s technology could help Yahoo to grow its display advertising market share as Google and Facebook have gained on or surpassed the company in the area.
But the acquisition also raised questions considering Yahoo’s financial situation after it reported last month its revenue in the last quarter decreased by 5 percent year-over-year. The company is also looking for a chief executive officer (CEO) following the firing of former CEO Carol Bartz in September and amid reports of a possible takeover.
Yahoo still has around 700 million unique monthly visitors.
Tech giants like Google and Microsoft are reported to be considering providing finance for the acquisition of Yahoo by another company or a group of companies.
- Yahoo names new CEO (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Yahoo names new CEO - Jan 05, 2012
- Yahoo considers selling Asian assets: Report - Dec 22, 2011
- Yahoo!, Microsoft and AOL create ad partnership - Nov 10, 2011
- Yahoo CEO firing shocks the corporate world - Sep 08, 2011
- Carol Bartz could get $10 million in compensation from Yahoo - Sep 08, 2011
- Yahoo Inc Lays Off 600 Employees - Dec 15, 2010
- Yahoo CEO steps down - May 14, 2012
- Yahoo! to cut another 2,000 jobs in restructuring effort - Apr 04, 2012
- Microsoft and Yahoo! get approval to implement Web ad partnership - Feb 18, 2010
- Yahoo taps former Google executive as CEO - Jul 17, 2012
- Yahoo Ascends in 2010 After Reports Of Buyout Keenness In KKR - Nov 10, 2010
- Microsoft, Yahoo! Change Search Landscape - Jul 29, 2009
- Groupon In Takeover Talks With Google - Nov 22, 2010
- Microsoft, Yahoo join forces to challenge Google (Third Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 29, 2009
Tags: advertising network, carol bartz, chief executive officer, display advertising, executive vice, facebook, financial situation, giants, google, interclick, last quarter, market share, marketers, nov 2, optimization technologies, powerful solution, ross levinsohn, takeover, technology company, xinhua