Wipro opens BPO centre in Brazil for Latin firmOctober 31st, 2008 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Oct 31 (IANS) Global software major Wipro Ltd has set up a business process outsourcing (BPO) centre at Curitiba in Brazil to provide shared services to AmBev, the largest brewery in Latin America, the IT bellwether said here late Friday.The shared services will be in finance and accounting, order management, customer care and HR (human resource) activity spanning AmBev’s operations across Latin America, the Bangalore-based company said in a statement.
“We have expertise in delivering process specific solutions in finance & accounting, procurement, HR services, loyalty services and knowledge services. Our capability to transform processes, implement SAP and provide world class service delivery is a strength unmatched by competition,” Wipro BPO head Ashutosh Vaidya said.
AmBev zonal vice president Renato Nahas Batista said the partnership with Wipro would transform his company’s shared service centre across the southern continent.
“We are honoured to be a part of Wipro’s expansion plans in Brazil and Latin America,” Batista noted.
AmBev is reputed in South America’s brewery business with leading brands like Brahma, Becks, Stella and Antarctica.
“The partnership will accrue significant financial benefits and leverage transformation opportunities across AmBev operations in the region,” Vaidya added.
Wipro’s consumer products’ division has a team for food & beverage industry with about 400 associates. The division focuses on helping F&B companies re-engineer the way they meet end-consumer’s needs through IT solutions, the statement pointed out.
Wipro’s BPO division has 20,000 people operating from nine different locations in India and Eastern Europe. It services customers in diverse industries, including banking & capital markets, insurance, travel & hospitality, hi-tech manufacturing, telecom & healthcare sectors.
- Wipro BPO to set up business shared services centre in Curitiba, Brazil - Oct 31, 2008
- Wipro unveils global delivery centre in Brazil - Mar 25, 2010
- Wipro acquires majority stake in Brazil-based manufacturer - May 11, 2011
- Brazil fines AmBev $176 mn for anti-competitive practices - Jul 23, 2009
- Nissan to invest $1.4 bn in new plant in Brazil - Oct 07, 2011
- Court awards damages to man forced to party with hookers - Sep 05, 2012
- Brazilian conglomerate gets $2 bn infusion from Abu Dhabi - Mar 27, 2012
- Australian mining firm picks Wipro for IT solution - Jun 15, 2012
- Wipro appoints new global head for back office operations - Jun 13, 2011
- Infosys opens development centre in Brazil - Dec 15, 2009
- US company acquires Randstad's Indian payroll business - Jan 16, 2012
- India, China to see growth in BPO sector by 2015 - Aug 22, 2011
- Latino fun, Indian skills ideal mix for work places: Envoy - Apr 21, 2011
- Despite slowdown, Wipro BPO continues hiring - Apr 28, 2009
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012