Wipro net up 18 percent in first quarterJuly 24th, 2012 - 11:05 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 24 (IANS) Wipro Ltd posted a net profit of Rs.1,580 crore (Rs.15.80 billion) for the first quarter (April-June) of this fiscal (2012-13), registering 18 percent year-on-year (YoY) growth as per the Indian accounting system.
In a regulatory filing Tuesday, the IT bellwether said its consolidated revenue for the quarter under review (Q1) rose 24 percent YoY to Rs.10,653 crore (Rs.106.53 billion), including Rs.8,314 crore (Rs.83.14 billion) from its global IT services.
Under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), net income for first quarter is $284 million and total income $1.92 billion, including $1.5 billion from IT services.
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Wipro looks for growth in new geographies (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro net up 31 percent in first quarter (Lead, correcting figure in para 2) - Jul 23, 2010
- Wipro net up 31 percent in first quarter - Jul 23, 2010
- Wipro net up eight percent in fourth quarter - Apr 25, 2012
- Infosys projects 21 percent revenue growth - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- Wipro net profit up 10 percent in third quarter - Jan 20, 2012
- Infosys net profit up 16 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2011
- Infosys ups fiscal guidance on robust growth - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Wipro net flat in second quarter - Oct 31, 2011
- Wipro net up 14 percent in fourth quarter - Apr 27, 2011