Windows Phone 7.5 launched in IndiaOctober 12th, 2011 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 12 (IANS) Microsoft India Wednesday launched its latest version of windows phone operating system in the country — the Windows Phone 7.5.
“With Windows Phone, we have looked at the consumer experience in an absolutely fresh way. This operating system is stylish, innovative and one that seamlessly integrates the most sought after user experiences such as search, gaming, email and social networks across Bing, Office, Xbox, LIVE, Facebook, Twitter and more,” Microsoft India’s chairman Bhaskar Pramanik told reporters here.
“The conventional application icons have been replaced by Live Tiles on the start screen which come to life with real-time updates from the web such as news, appointments or the status of friends,” he added.
The firm also announced the launch of a smartphone in partnership with handset manufacturer HTC, named HTC Radar, which is based on the new operating system.
“HTC Radar is priced at Rs.23,990 and will be available in the market in the next week,” HTC India’s country manager Faisal Siddiqui said.
Pramanik added that companies like Acer and Nokia would launch their handsets based on Windows Phone 7.5 in the Indian market.
Last week, Samsung had launched its Omnia W smartphone in the country, which comes equipped with Windows Phone 7.5.
The key features of the operating system are threads which enables users to switch between texts, Facebook chat and Windows Live messenger linked inbox wherein consumers can see multiple email accounts in one linked inbox.
Built-in voice-to-text and text-to-voice support system also enables hands-free texting and chatting.
Pramanik also said that maintaining a balance between user experience and price is a difficult task. Phones based on Windows Phone system cost around Rs.20,000 presently.
- Microsoft showcases next version of operating system - Mango - May 25, 2011
- Facebook is partnering with HTC for a Smartphone - Nov 22, 2011
- Microsoft launches Windows Phone 7 range - Oct 12, 2010
- HTC launches Sensation smartphone in India - Jun 16, 2011
- Microsoft unveils Window Phone 7, derides rival devices - Nov 09, 2010
- Facebook 'working on phone with HTC' - Jul 27, 2012
- Nokia launches Lumia 610 for Rs.12,999 in India - Jul 06, 2012
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy smartphone - May 04, 2012
- Microsoft gains momentum in mobile push - Feb 17, 2009
- Indian mobile handsets market grows 10 percent in 2011 - Mar 01, 2012
- Facebook unveils new messaging system - Nov 16, 2010
- Microsoft to launch Windows Phone 7 next week - Oct 05, 2010
- Now, access Facebook on your mobile phone at the touch of a button! - Feb 16, 2011
- Zune PC software likely to become Windows Phone 7's iTunes - Sep 21, 2010
- Microsoft unveils new email service - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: application icons, bhaskar, consumer experience, email accounts, free texting, handsets, launch, microsoft india, omnia, pramanik, smartphone, social networks, text to voice, time updates, twitter, voice support, which enables users, windows live messenger, windows phone, xbox live