Virgin Galactic space ship makes its first solo test flightOctober 12th, 2010 - 7:25 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
California, Oct 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Virgin galactic spaceship carried its first solo test flight in California.
The enterprise is planning to take people on short trips at the cost of $200,000. Sir Richard Branson is the man behind the spaceship project is a British billionaire and he also witnessed the test drop. On an interview he claims that this will be a memorable day and trip worth remembering in history of Virgin.
He added that from 2004 when this project first began he has always dreamt of this day and now finally the great moment has arrived. After the latest achievement the entrepreneur said that Virgin Galactic has become the world’s first commercial spaceship.
“For the first time since we seriously began the project in 2004, I watched the world’s first manned commercial spaceship landing on the runway at Mojave Air and Space Port and it was a great moment,” according to Sir Richard Branson.
He said that Virgin Galactic have already received deposits from 370 customers who wish to experience the atmosphere above the ground in the new space line. Stephen Attenborough the head of astronaut relation at Virgin claims that soon booking will be out for the first season of space line operation. The journey will last for 25 minutes and can take eight people on board with six passengers and two crewmembers.
- Virgin Galactic's spaceship makes first solo test flight - Oct 11, 2010
- Virgin Galactic Space Craft Will Make Its Debut To The Space - Oct 12, 2010
- Virgin Galactic Space Ship Two Completes Its Manned Flight Successfully - Oct 12, 2010
- Runway opens at world's first spaceport in US - Oct 23, 2010
- Virgin Galactic's Spaceship Successfully Completes Its First Flight - Oct 11, 2010
- World's Virgin Commercial Spacecraft Test Flight A Big Success - Mar 24, 2010
- Branson among 529 signed up for space trip - Jul 12, 2012
- Kutcher heads to space - Mar 21, 2012
- Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo takes maiden flight - Mar 23, 2010
- Virgin Galactic Makes First Test Space Flight - Oct 12, 2010
- Virgin Spacecraft's Test Flight A Complete Success - Mar 24, 2010
- Virgin Tests its Spacecraft for the First Time - Mar 24, 2010
- Perry gifts $200,000 space trip to Brand on birthday - Aug 02, 2010
- Space visit on Theron's wish list - May 28, 2012
- Richard Branson unveils first commercial spaceship - Dec 08, 2009
Tags: air and space, astronaut, atmosphere, billionaire, entrepreneur, great moment, journey, mojave air and space port, short trips, sir richard branson, solo test, space line, space ship, spaceship landing, test flight, trip worth, virgin galactic spaceship