US cattle genetics firm to help Punjab dairyingSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 8:24 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 3 (IANS) A leading US-based cattle genetics marketing organisation Friday announced it will be working closely with Punjab farmers to promote dairy farming and help the state in achieving success with the ‘white revolution’.
World Wide Sires (WWS) Ltd, which represents the Artificial Insemination Cooperatives (AIC), Accelerated Genetics, a farmers-owned largest cooperative in the US, is all set to herald white revolution in Punjab, WWS chief executive officer John Schouten said here.
The WWS will work with dairy farmers in Punjab and establish a well-knit network to provide best quality semen and services to them. The cooperative milk societies and government organisations in the state will be involved in this major operation, Schoutten said.
Earlier, the WWS has worked with the animal husbandry department, the Punjab Dairy Development Board (PDDB) and Ludhiana-based Progressive Dairy Farmers’ Association (PDFA), and has already supplied 88,000 doses of semen through this network.
“Buoyant over the results of past one year, the WWS decided to get directly in touch with the dairy farmers. Under this programme the service of 800 youths, whom the animal husbandry department has trained for dairy farming, will be taken,” he said.
WWS officials said with increase in milk production, the illegal activities of synthetic milk manufacturers will be capped.
- Haryana farmers can now own 'imported' calves - Nov 16, 2010
- Punjab to have cattle markets on French lines - Jun 21, 2011
- Punjab imports cattle semen to improve milch breeds - Apr 27, 2012
- Murrah milk drives Haryana's white revolution - Aug 22, 2012
- Punjab farmers take to dairy farming for second 'White Revolution' - Dec 21, 2009
- Verghese Kurien: the architect of India's White Revolution (Obituary) - Sep 09, 2012
- Haryana to set up 200 hi-tech mini-dairies - Jul 02, 2012
- Bihar leaders demand Bharat Ratna for Verghese Kurien - Sep 11, 2012
- Kurien an icon of dairy movement: PM - Sep 09, 2012
- Punjab may have venture with New Zealand's dairy giant - May 23, 2010
- Animal welfare panel concerned over mega dairy project - Aug 12, 2011
- Pawar urges states to increase milk production - Nov 18, 2011
- Kerala to get milk from Maharashtra to meet shortages - Feb 11, 2010
- Haryana to import cattle semen - Dec 09, 2009
- PM, Sonia, Advani pay tributes to Kurien (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: achieving success, animal husbandry, artificial insemination, cattle genetics, chief executive officer, cooperatives, dairy development, dairy farmers, dairy farming, dairying, farmers association, government organisations, marketing organisation, milk production, pdfa, quality semen, schouten, synthetic milk, world wide sires, wws