Unitech allotted spectrum for three service areasDecember 8th, 2008 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 8 (IANS) Real estate major Unitech has been allotted 4.4 MHz of spectrum in three service areas, the company said Monday. “The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has issued the letter to the company`s telecom subsidiaries for allotment of 4.4 MHz of spectrum in 1800 MHz GSM band in respect of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Kolkata service areas,” a company statement said.
With this, the company has been allotted initial spectrum in 16 service areas out of the total 22 service areas.
In October, DoT had allotted the company spectrum in the 1800 MHz GSM band in Bihar.
Unitech recently tied-up with Norwegian telecom operator Telenor to launch mobile services in India.
- Unitech, Idea Cellular receive spectrum (Lead) - Dec 08, 2008
- Telecom cos may have to pay for excess spectrum - Jan 19, 2012
- Supreme Court extends 2G auction deadline to Jan 11 (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Unitech gets spectrum space for telecom in West Bengal - Jan 12, 2009
- Unitech gets GSM spectrum in Madhya Pradesh circle - Aug 28, 2008
- One-time fee for extra spectrum under consideration: Sibal - Aug 24, 2012
- Call rates can rise 100 percent, warn telecom operators - May 03, 2012
- EGoM to decide on spectrum pricing Thursday - Jun 20, 2012
- Unitech allotted spectrum for four service areas - Dec 29, 2008
- Information ministry to vacate 700 MHz spectrum: Sibal - Mar 05, 2012
- TRAI sticks to high reserve price for spectrum auction - May 14, 2012
- Telecom honchos to meet Sibal - May 02, 2012
- Telenor confident of roping in new partner before auction - May 31, 2012
- SC dismisses Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Third Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Supreme Court extends 2G auction deadline to Jan 11 (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012