UK scientists are on a mission to find alien life in the Earth’s atmosphereOctober 3rd, 2010 - 10:18 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Oct 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In many Hollywood Sci-Fi movies, aliens are portrayed as creatures that live millions of miles away from the earth but new evidence by researchers suggest aliens could be located much nearer to the earth than previously taught.
A group of scientists from the UK who are with the European Space Agency will be releasing a balloon, which will contain equipments that will seek to identify microorganisms such as bacteria in the stratosphere. The British group is sure that some of these living organisms could survive in space in spite of unfavorable conditions such as very low temperatures and high radiation levels.
If these organisms are found then it will surely be a new science discovery and asteroids could be used to transfer some of them to the earth. This is because as advanced as science is at the moment, aliens have never been brought onto the earth and it will lead to different schools of thought about aliens. The balloon would basically look out for the alien organisms. And in case they are found, then it is sure going to be a major breath-through.
Clara Juanes-Vallejo of the Cranfield University research team stated that one theory believes that space was the origin of the earth and could contain some living organisms there.
- Searching alien life in outer atmosphere - Oct 03, 2010
- Mission to search for alien life on outer fringes of Earth's atmosphere - Oct 03, 2010
- Did dead alien microbes spawn life on Earth? - Nov 16, 2010
- Bronte's science fiction on display at the British Library sci-fi exhibition - Jun 11, 2011
- Sandra Bullock And George Clooney Ready For The Outer Space Odyssey For Gravity - Dec 17, 2010
- "The Day The Earth Stood Still" Featured on AMC On Its 60th Anniversary - Jan 15, 2011
- NASA's bread-loaf-sized nanosatellite to study life in space - Nov 19, 2010
- Dead Space 2 is so gruesome it scares its creator - Jan 24, 2011
- 20ft wide asteroid to pass within 28,000 miles of Earth today - Oct 12, 2010
- Perry accused of copying Gaga - Apr 02, 2011
- Lichen can survive in hostile space conditions - Jun 24, 2012
- Movie Review: Skyline (2010) - Nov 13, 2010
- Spielberg's 'I Am Number Four' actors dating in real life - Feb 05, 2011
- Huge asteroid to fly close to earth on November 8th, 2011 - Apr 09, 2011
- Huge asteroid to fly close to earth on November - May 03, 2011
Tags: alien life, aliens, asteroids, british group, cranfield university, european space agency, juanes, living organisms, microorganisms, new evidence, new science, origin of the earth, radiation levels, schools of thought, sci fi movies, science discovery, stratosphere, uk scientists, unfavorable conditions, vallejo