UAE daily praises country’s nuclear stridesNovember 27th, 2010 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Nov 27 (IANS/WAM) A UAE daily Saturday praised the country’s nuclear agreement with Britain, saying it was a “noteworthy event” and shows the “world’s confidence in the country for being a progressive and responsible state”.
“A number of world powers have now entered into significant agreements with the UAE to share expertise in the civilian nuclear energy,” Khaleej Times noted in its editorial.
“This is indeed commendable since it denotes world confidence in the UAE for being a progressive, peace loving and responsible state,” the paper said.
It reflects the deep trust the UAE leadership has inspired by adhering to an established and transparent set of norms proscribed by the international nuclear body, it added.
UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan and his British counterpart William Hague signed the agreement Thursday, formalising a previous memorandum of agreement signed in 2008.
This will allow both states to share technical knowledge and expertise and deepen cooperation between the two sides, noted the daily.
Having signed a groundbreaking agreement for civilian use of nuclear power with the US previously, the UAE has only been looking ahead at achieving greater milestones, it said.
- UAE, Britain sign nuclear cooperation agreement - Nov 25, 2010
- UAE minister meets Karzai - Jun 23, 2011
- UAE, Brazil seek closer trade ties - Feb 17, 2012
- UAE withdraws citizenship from six people - Dec 22, 2011
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE signs pact with Indian university - Dec 09, 2011
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- Play about UAE enthrals Los Angeles - Jul 26, 2011
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012
- UAE attends 'Friends of Libya' meet - Sep 03, 2011
- UAE reiterates support to UN's Libya mission - Mar 25, 2011
- Indonesia, UAE discuss bilateral ties - Oct 20, 2010
- UAE hopeful of Greece economic recovery - Jan 12, 2012
- UAE foreign minister visits Iraq - Feb 17, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, british counterpart, cooperation, dg, foreign minister, groundbreaking agreement, memorandum of agreement, milestones, norms, noteworthy event, nuclear agreement, nuclear energy, nuclear power, responsible state, share expertise, strides, technical knowledge, william hague, world confidence, zayed al nahyan