Tripura gets tough with cyber crimeMarch 24th, 2010 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, March 24 (IANS) The Tripura government Wednesday notified guidelines that propose stringent action, including a 10-year jail term, against those involved in cyber crime.
“If anybody is found guilty of indulging in cyber crime, he can be prosecuted with a maximum of 10-year imprisonment and a fine of Rs.200,000,” police spokesman Nepal Das told reporters.
He said the government has notified guidelines for private cyber cafes and internet dhabas. “If the cyber cafe and internet dhaba owners violate these guidelines, stringent actions will be taken against them,” Das added.
“There shall not be any cabin in any cyber cafe and proper records with detailed identity of the users shall be maintained by the cyber cafe and internet dhaba owners,” the guidelines added.
“Children below the age of 18 years should come to cyber cafe and internet dhaba with their guardians,” said the guidelines.
The spokesman said surprise raids will be conducted on cyber cafes and internet dhabas to ensure adherence to the Information Technology Act 2000.
The government has also designated certain police officials who can be informed by people about cyber crimes.
- Tripura minister's e-mail hacked - Oct 19, 2010
- Thousands of Congress activists arrested in Tripura - Aug 19, 2011
- New content control rules leave netizens sore - May 11, 2011
- US, China engaging in cyber war games: Report - Apr 16, 2012
- Mizoram, Tripura tighten anti-quake measures - Sep 22, 2011
- Kishtwar cyber cafe owners feel the heat after arrests - Sep 22, 2011
- Government wants consensus on rules on internet content (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Internet would have made 1975 Emergency a fiasco: Jaitley - May 17, 2012
- Tripura Congress, CPI-M trade charges of wooing militants - Jun 27, 2012
- Special powers act extended for six months in Tripura - Mar 19, 2012
- Youth Congress stir against joblessness in Tripura - Feb 15, 2012
- 'Congress, INPT conspiring to oust Left in Tripura' - Jun 25, 2012
- Breakdown of law, order in Tripura: Congress - Jul 24, 2010
- Over 380 phishing incidents from January to October - Nov 25, 2011
- Fourth in India, Tripura Police gets president's honour - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,