Trial runs for Delhi Metro’s new train beginMay 22nd, 2009 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 22 (IANS) Trial runs for the the newly procured broad gauge train that would ply on phase II of the Delhi Metro began here Friday.
“The trial run was carried out between 3 a.m. and 4.10 a.m. between Dwarka Sector 9 and other Dwarka stations. This broad gauge train had been airlifted to India from Germany recently,” Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) spokesperson Anuj Dayal said.
The train is expected to be run on the Line 3 (Yamuna Bank to Dwarka Sec. 9) stretch. “The new train also has several additional features such as CCTVs inside and outside the coaches and power supply points for charging mobile phones and laptops,” he added.
The trial runs are likely to continue for a few weeks during non-revenue hours when the train will be run at different speeds to check wheel alignment, while physical checking of wheels and the functioning of the emergency brakes and electronic systems on board will be carried out.
“Another broad-gauge train for phase II is being flown in from Germany in the last week of May or first week of June,” Dayal said.
Meanwhile, another train has arrived in Gujarat’s Mundra port by ship and is being brought by road to Delhi while a fourth train is expected to arrive at the same port next week.
- Delhi Metro begins trial runs on new standard gauge line - Jul 29, 2009
- Metro to introduce eight coach trains by June - Jan 12, 2012
- Delhi Metro services to Ghaziabad begin - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi Metro bags national award in non-film category - Mar 07, 2012
- Delhi Metro now goes to Ghaziabad (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Catch the last Metro ride at 8 p.m. on Diwali - Nov 03, 2010
- Delhi Metro completes 100 months of operations - Apr 24, 2011
- Kirti Nagar-Ashok Park Metro trial run started - Jul 14, 2011
- Metro service to end at 8 p.m. Diwali (Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Work on Delhi Metro third phase to commence soon - May 08, 2011
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Technical snag hits Metro services - May 01, 2010
- Two extra coaches to ease rush on Delhi Metro - Dec 05, 2010
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Jun 04, 2012
- Joyride in Metro for young cancer patients - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: broad gauge, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, electronic systems, emergency brakes, gauge train, gujarat, India, laptops, mobile phones, mundra port, New Delhi, new train, phase ii, power supply, sector 9, spokesperson, wheel, wheel alignment, wheels